Friday, May 23, 2008

Right Resolutions : Words

Right Resolutions: Words

My words and greetings shall be good import and of good cheer, for I know when my thoughts are permeated with the noble principle of love, my words cannot help but express joyousness, sweetness and the truth which are the attributes of love.

If, perchance, someone provokes irritation, impatience or anger in me, I shall remind myself of their unreality and call myself to order with inner whisper---
Be thou calm!
Be thou patient!
Forget not thy resolution of Love!

If I cannot say a good, loving, cheerful or constructive word, I shall leave it unsaid.
If I cannot bring words of encouragement and inspiration, I shall remain silent.
If I am ignored and insulted, I shall learn to draw from it a holy lesson in humility.
I shall not let my tongue outrage me nor shall I brood over my impatient and unkind utterances and thus sink into moods of depression.
If, perchance, I blunder through forgetfulness and utter empty, impatient speech, I shall remind myself that with greater inner rhythm, in due time, all these frailties will vanish.

I shall form the habit of speaking cheerfully, to the point, and only of things of good import. If others speak to me harshly, I shall speak calmly or remain silent.
If anyone speaks with evil intent, I shall guard my tongue with fortitude and remind myself that truth is mightier than untruth and repeat:-
Truth is eternal,
Truth is my strength,
Truth is my safeguard,
Truth is ever triumphant,
I am armed with Truth.

I shall try to realize with calm spirit that truth is above all falsehood.
I shall not speak aught for self-glorification or in self-depreciation. I shall not speak aught against any living being and I shall try as much as possible not to listen to any ill report, knowing that such things always leave unhappy shadows.

I shall bring an atmosphere of truth, sanctity and beauty of speech, always reminding myself that if my heart is filled with divine3and noble instincts of love my mouth will be incapable of uttering aught that is unrhythmic and unlyrical.
May, He Who is the power for all good things make my words rhythmic, true, helpful and happy

No comments: